Graduating from the Classroom to Clinical Nursing
Unity Health's RN Residency Program is designed to ensure nursing graduates enjoy a smooth transition from an entry-level nurse to an advanced beginner nurse by providing a unique onboarding experience created for new graduates to help them become confident members of the Unity Health team.
Through the RN Residency Program, new nurses learn how to:
- Develop a high level of competence
- Communicate effectively in an inter-professional team environment
- Develop decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Perfect conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Improve quality patient care
This six-month program offers an extended onboarding for new nurses including ongoing classes, hands-on clinical skills and Laerdal® SimMan scenario training. Following the transition to preceptorship, further learning opportunities are provided through scheduled classes.
As a New Graduate RN you can apply for any current full-time RN position and indicate on your application that you are interested in the RN Residency Program.
For more information contact our Nurse Educators today!